In certain countries you can only send money using PayPal , but you can’t receive money using PayPal. Unfortunately Sri Lanka , which is where I’m from is a country like that 🙁 . This is one of the most frequent questions I get from my Sri Lankan visitors so I decided to write this short post to show you a work around for this. This method do have its limitations but by far this is the best work around I found so far. If you are from a PayPal send only country and know of a better way to receive money while using PayPal please feel free to share it in the comment section. You can check out few other PayPal send only solutions.
- Create a PayPal account in a country where you can receive money , For example my account is an Indian account.Now you can receive money to your account so get all the money owed to your to that account.Now comes the tricky question of withdrawing money from your PayPal account 🙂 .
- Now go to My Account Tab and in the relevant sub section click Withdraw .
- There you are given 3 methods to withdraw , withdraw funds to your bank account is not possible since you do not have a bank account in India.
- That leaves you with receiving a check from PayPal or Withdraw funds to your cards. Personally I haven’t tried the check option and usually it takes time to clear and deposit checks so I use the withdraw funds to your card option.
- There you have to add a card first , click the Add Card link and you will be taken to a form where you can add the card.
- After adding the card you can specify the amount you wish to withdraw , select the card and press continue button.
- You will be charged a 5$ withdrawal fee for this so better to wait till the funds add up a bit before withdrawing 🙂 .
Recently PayPal has done some changes and it is not possible to receive money via credit and debit cards in those countries. PayPal is not the only online payment service out there feel free to check out my article about PayPal alternatives. If you still want to withdraw your money using PayPal then you can check out PayPal in different countries. For example with PayPal Brazil you can still withdraw to your credit card.
Hope you will find this article useful and if you have any doubts or concerned feel free to share them in the comments section.