While SEO is one of the most efficient and cost effective ways to drive tons of targeted, organic traffic to your site, too many companies improvise themselves as SEO experts these days. This can be confusing to business owners who are new to this marketing method and can prove to be very costly in the long run. In this article, we’re going to cover five basic factors everybody should look in a good SEO service provider. [Read more…]
CFD trading could become a new lucrative passive source of income for you if you will follow the guidelines mentioned herein for your benefit. CFDs—or contract for difference—is a sub-industry in the investment markets where currencies, stocks and commodities are traded in a different style altogether.
In the CFD market, a trader can come into a contract with the concerned broker without physically purchasing or owning the underlying assets. Retail traders define their point of entry and exit in the CFD market, on an underlying asset, for a given period of time and the broker delivers a payout based on the difference observed in the movement of price action in that time for that particular asset. Presented below are five of the most important strategies that will make you a confident CFD trader. [Read more…]
There was a time not too long ago – even twenty years ago or less – that the internet didn’t have anywhere near as much power as it has now. As far as advertising was concerned, newspapers, magazines, mail marketing, door to door sales, and billboards were extremely successful in terms of promotion to consumers. These things still exist today, but the world wide web has so much authority over what we consume and don’t, that most people become visually aware of products through social media. Is there even a point in taking out a newspaper ad anymore? [Read more…]
Note: Please do not email me asking for data entry jobs in Sri Lanka. If you’re looking for some part time work I do not recommend data entry jobs. Instead, check out other ways to make money online in Sri Lanka.
People looking for data entry jobs in Sri Lanka can be divided into two main categories. People looking for permanent data entry job positions (offline data entry jobs) and people looking for online data entry jobs to do as a part time job.
I’ll try to cover both online and offline data entry job opportunities in this article. I warn you though that the work is hard and pay is relatively poor. Let’s start with online opportunities.
Online Data Entry Jobs in Sri Lanka
There are so many scam sites offering data entry jobs that finding a legitimate one is like finding a needle in a haystack. I frequently get emails from people inquiring about the legitimacy of sites and almost all of them are scam sites looking to make some easy money at your expense.
How Scam Data Entry Sites Work
These scam sites operate in two ways. The first method is offering free registration on their sites and then asking you to pay for data entry job opportunities. Once you pay, usually around $50 (Rs. 7500), you’re given a list of sites that you can register to find data entry jobs. These sites have very limited opportunities and most of them can be easily found via a simple Google search. So you end up paying for a list you can easily find on the Internet.
They let you register for free because then they can get your email. Then they will constantly send you emails about fake success stories and trick you into making a payment.
The second method is straight away asking money for a list of site. Here also you get a list which is freely found on the Internet. At least you won’t get many nagging emails.
In general, if a site is asking you to pay for a list of sites or access to data entry jobs you have to be very careful.
If you’re looking for online data entry jobs without investment it’s always a good idea to go through third party websites like ODesk, Freelancer, and PeoplePerHour. This way your payment is guaranteed.
Finding Legitimate Online Data Entry Jobs
First of all, I have to mention that I’m not a big fan of data entry jobs. Except for a specialized field like medical data entry the pay is quite low. I have listed down few third party sites where you can find data entry jobs for free.
- PeoplePerHour – I really like the interface of this website and there are quite a few data entry opportunities available as well. There are many other jobs other than data entry jobs available as well. Register for PeoplePerHour >>.
- HubStaff Talent – The good thing about this site is it’s totally free to find and apply for jobs. Both the freelancer and the company don’t have to pay any fees. Join HubStaff Talent >>.
- ODesk – Another website that offers data entry jobs free of charge. In this website, once you bid 10% more will be added to your bid and will be charged from the job provider so you won’t lose any money as a commission. This site is also targeted towards freelancers so if you have expertise in other areas you will find yourself with more opportunities. Join ODesk For Free >>.
- Freelancer.com – As the name suggests this is a website dedicated to freelance work but they have data entry job openings as well. It is free to join and you only have to pay a commission when you are getting paid so you are guaranteed money. If you have skills in writing or doing various programming stuff then there are lots more opportunities for you as well. Join Freelancer for free >>.
If you’re looking for part time/freelance data entry jobs then these are probably the best places you can try. These are suitable for university students, stay at home moms or housewives because of the flexibility they offer. Keep in mind though doing an odd job here and there won’t make you much money.
Qualifying for Online Data Entry Jobs
As I mentioned before data entry is a highly competitive niche. Because the competition is so high the payout is also very low. The following basic skills are essential for you to have any chance of obtaining a data entry job.
- Good English – You don’t need to be fluent, but you should have a good working knowledge of English. Without these, you have zero chance of obtaining online data entry work.
- Attention to Details – Most data entry work requires going through documents/websites and gathering information found in those document. Needless to say attention to details is critical in such cases.
- Good Typing Speed – you’re entering data, so faster you can type more money you can make. Some jobs require a certain typing speed just to qualify for the job.
If you’re lacking in any of the above areas there are free courses etc to improve those skills. Do not lie about these things when your bidding/applying for jobs. Most data entry jobs have preliminary tests to filter false bids.
Bidding for Jobs in Freelance Sites
Above I have listed down three freelancing websites to find data entry jobs. Because the competition is fierce many bids for those data entry projects. If you’re just starting out here are few things you should to do maximize your chances of getting the job.
- Complete the profile – An absolute must in this competitive niche. Make sure to add your profile picture and previous work experience. Most freelancer sites indicate your profile completeness as a percentage. Try to make it 100% or as high as possible.
- Bid Low – When you’re just starting out you don’t have any reputation or ranking. So to get attention and have a chance of getting the job you need to bid low. After you complete the job and get a good ranking you can go for higher bids.
- Get Certified – Not all freelancing sites have this options, but some like ODesk have their own testing methods to validate the qualifications of freelancers. Try to finish most of these exams to increase your chance of winning jobs.
Permanent Data Entry Job Positions in Sri Lanka
Up to now I mostly talked about how to find online data entry jobs in Sri Lanka. But there are few data entry job companies in Sri Lanka that have been there for a while. And almost any company maintain some sort of data so there’s always the need for data entry operators. They might not advertise them as such because it doesn’t sound sexy but they are still data entry jobs.
- Newspapers – Although online job portals have been around for some time, newspapers still carry many job vacancy applications. Go to your local library in the weekend and go through all the papers. You’re more than likely to find few data entry job openings. As I mentioned above they might not advertise them as data entry jobs. For example, some advertise it as an office assistant. So carefully read the job description before applying for the job.
- Career.lk – This site had quite a few data entry job positions last time I checked. Go through the advertisements and apply if your qualifications match the requirements. Better have a CV ready if you’re going to use these sites. Keep in mind that a good CV can make a world of difference. Search online and find a good template and make sure there are no spelling or grammar errors in your CV.
- TopJobs.lk – Probably the most famous job portal in Sri Lanka. This also had quite a few data entry job openings. Offers more options than other sites so make sure to upload a CV to this one as well.
Any Questions About Data Entry Jobs in Sri Lanka
Hopefully, this detailed guide will clear your doubts about data entry jobs in Sri Lanka. Use the comments to ask any questions that aren’t covered above. Please do not comment or email me asking for data entry jobs because I don’t provide any.
As I said before I’m not a big fan of data entry jobs. Whether you’re a work at home mom, looking for a home based job or university student looking for part time work I always advise you to look for other methods to make money online.
With all the talk of social media marketing these days, you may think Email marketing is in deep water. But a study by a predictive analysis firm Custora says otherwise.
Email marketing has proven to be more effective than both social media marketing, as well as direct mail and banner ads. But the success of an email marketing campaign depends on a lot of factors, one of which is the time at which an email is sent.
You may not think it is that important at first glance, but emailing during the client’s top engagement times may increase the Email open rate by as much as 6%. Since an average email open rate is around 20-30% this is a big deal. [Read more…]