After a hugely successful 2011 it’s time to look back and see what worked and how to use that knowledge to make money online in 2012. 2011 was good for me in many ways. I got a new job as an Internet marketing specialist at Cinergix, so now I can focus my attention on things related to Internet marketing the whole time. I got to learn about some new tools in the new job and the contacts made through the new job are priceless. My online earnings are on the rise and they are rising at a consistent rate, a big improvement from 2010 when it was always up and down. 2012 looks to be a promising year with lots of opportunities. Below are few things that I think will be very important to make money online. [Read more…]
As a well-established integrated search company that deals heavily in website promotion, SEO Positive has helped a huge number of local businesses gain the recognition they deserve in their targeted area. To do so requires local SEO,a slightly different approach to that of traditional SEO, because if the company’s reputation were to be mishandled and tarnished as a consequence, any future marketing campaign (online or otherwise) is likely to be more of a struggle.
There are a number of ways that SEO Positive promotes local businesses online. Submitting company details to free business listings is a fast and simple way to generate interest and place the business in a position to be seen. The larger search engines actually offer dedicated business listings to aid this website promotion process. For example, Google Places has proved incredibly popular in recent times for local SEO, especially as participants are often propelled to first page SERPs for localized search terms just for placing a relevant listing in Google’s database. [Read more…]
How to get traffic to new blogs is common problem faced by many blogger who are new to blogging. Having a blog is useless if your not getting any visitors so this is a valid concern. It is important to understand that it hard for new blogs to get traffic. Don’t expect to write a few posts and get a flood of visitors. Thousands of blogs are created everyday so you need to give a reason for people to keep coming back to your blog. Below are few things you can do to get traffic to new blogs. [Read more…]
In one of my past presentation at Refresh Colombo I talked a bit about SEO in Sri Lanka, but only a few really understood the concept. The search engine industry is growing in Sri Lanka but it still very few businesses are using it effectively to increase their sales. Most of the SEO companies are working with foreign companies who want to outsource SEO to Sri Lanka or global businesses that have a footprint here in Sri Lanka.
The number of people using the Internet to search for products and services in Sri Lanka are rising everyday. So if you manage to rank well for your desired keywords you can beat your competitors easily. Depending on your market the increase in sales can be up to thousands of Rupees. So SEO is definitely something you should consider in your marketing plan. [Read more…]
With the growth of the Internet using population in Sri Lanka more and more companies are building there own websites and doing search engine optimization for there sites. Simply put Search Engine optimization(SEO) is the process of ranking your website in Google and other major search engines for a specific keyword using organic natural methods. Search Engine Marketing(SEM) can include paid methods as well. For example if you search for make money online in Sri Lanka you will find one of my previous posts as the first organic result.The other three results before that are paid advertisements which could be categorized as SEM. Although SEO has being there for a while it is relatively new thing to most Sri Lankan companies and it is certainly something that is a bit confusing to the top management. Search engine optimization Sri Lanka is done by many companies, but promises a great deal but fails to deliver on there promise. This has led to companies looking suspiciously at SEO companies but there are companies out there that do provide quality SEO services in Sri Lanka.
Benefits of SEO
Without a doubt there are plenty of benefits for properly optimizing your site for search engines , below are few benefits you can get through SEO
- Increase in Sales – If you manage to rank for a keyword that is related to your business then it could lead to a significant increase in your sales. For example if you are a florist then ranking for the keyword “flower delivery in Colombo” could lead to increase of sales
- Branding – Having a strong online presence is important for almost any business , Imaging someone searching for your company and comes up with a post criticizing your product , this could lead to losing trust with your customers
Optimizing your website( on site SEO )
On site SEO means optimizing your website for search engines , keep in mind though that this is only 10% of what you need to get good search engine rankings. But this 10% is very important for achieving good rankings. This is where shady SEO companies trick there customers , they charge a hefty fees for this although it could be done relatively easily. These are things like modifying your titles , H1 and H2 tags , writing keyword optimized posts , creating proper links , creating good navigation structure and optimizing your images etc.
Link building – the most important thing you need to rank in search engines
There are lots of factors that contribute to good search engine ranking but without a doubt one of the most important factors is the number of back links you have for your site and the quality of those back links. When you are hiring a SEO company this is one area where you have to be very careful because some black hat SEO companies promises higher ranking in a short period of time but they achieve that using illegal and shady method which could lead to your website not showing at all in search engines.
Choosing an SEO company in Sri Lanka
Below are few things you can do to make sure you find a good SEO company
- Check how well they rank for related keywords – this is somewhat of an obvious thing , if the company that is going to deliver your results can’t even rank there website then its a bit tough for them to do that for you. For example you can search for “SEO in Sri Lanka” and see if that company comes up in the top 10 or something like that.
- Look for customer testimonials – This is one of the best ways to find a good company because you need to be doing a good job to have happy customers. Be aware of fake testimonials though because lots of companies have no problem adding fake testimonials in there websites. If they don’t have them in there website make sure contact them and find some references.
- Ask for the exact plan – If its a good SEO company they usually have no problem providing you the exact details of how they are going to rank your website in search engines. This is a good way to avoid black hat methods and keep your company reputation in tact.
- No one can guarantee first place in search results – No SEO company can guarantee you first place in search results and it some company is claiming that then it is usually a fraud company.
Looking for Search Engine Optimization Sri Lanka ?
If you are on the lookout for search engine optimization in Sri Lanka you can contact me . You will get advice on what keywords are relevant for your business , you will get your website optimized for search engines and if you are looking for rank for certain keywords a full detailed plan about how back links are gotten will be provided.