So I finally downloaded Firefox 3, after having to install patches for WordPress 2.5 I was a bit reluctant to download Firefox 3 as soon as it’s available, But the hype finally got to me and downloaded and installed it. I was pretty pleased with the download and the installation process.It checks the already added plug-ins and gives messages throughout the process indicating what is not compatible and even downloads the latest version for you.
- The look and feel of the browser have definitely improved. And in this day and age looks definitely counts for something.
- Download time and the loading time of pages has improved. Critical for any browser to survive.
- Book marking has improved.Before if you had your book marks organized as folders you could only see few of them when book marking a site. Now you can choose which folder to add your newly discovered site or blog.
- favicon section is highlighted making it more important to have a nice looking favicon for your blog or website.If you are a Blogspot user you read How to add a favicon in blogger and if you are using self-hosted WordPress then read How to add a favicon in WordPress.
- Some plug-ins are not working, especially the Tab Mix plus plug-in, I hope they send an update soon. However, you can’t expect plugin developers to respond immediately whenever a browser is updated.
- Well for some this could be a good thing, but when you type something in the address bar every URL that is related to that word is shown.If you browse lots of websites this could become really messy. But it has some uses as well since if you remember part of the URL it makes it easier to find it.
Have you installed Firefox 3, Any new feature that you find useful? Feel free to share it in the comments section.